[rescue] V490 max internal disk?

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 10:24:00 CDT 2009

it should take any size of scsi.
at $work, when using a scsi hdd larger than the recommended, i always use a
sun drive.
on my home machine, i use the same manufacturer's model hhd as the sun drive
if i can't get the actual sun drive.

the documents generally are printed and never changed.
if the size gets bigger, the documents are not changed
the old sun systems handbook on sunsolve (forgot the new name) will list all
the sun authorized parts.
if a larger drive is authorized, they will list it there.

bear in mind, you are on your own if you have any problems--sun supports
only authorized configuration.
don't know what the oracle policy is?