[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 77, Issue 4

saquinn624 at aol.com saquinn624 at aol.com
Wed Apr 1 14:32:11 CDT 2009

>On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Brian Roth <abacos_98 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, the part numbers are different but the cables are interchangable
> between O200 and O2000.

O200 cables had a plastic protective cover, O2k cables had mesh, but it was the same technology.

I'm not sure how different the machines were. As far as I remember O200 runs the HUB at 90MHz whereas almost all
O2ks run it at 100MHz. I don't know if there's some other check in there to keep the two from interoperating. If not, it would
be a great way to get keyboard/mouse and PCI on an Origin2000 (provided you can run the O200 sucessfully at 100MHz HUB speed).