[rescue] SGI files Ch11 again, bought by Rackable for $25M

Brian Roth abacos_98 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 14:16:13 CDT 2009

Each rack has two modules. If the modules are full of node boards, which they were, then they can have up to 12 XIO interfaces. The SGI HIPPI interfaces were XIO therefor allowing theoretically 24 HIPPI ports per rack. The Meta Router between each series of 4 racks contained 8 router meta boards that connected with the individual rack router boards which there are two in the each module and were all NUMA not HIPPI.