[rescue] Help me rescue a vintage video game console...

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Sep 25 23:39:43 CDT 2008

>Sometimes you can find a pack of "security" bits in a hardware store or
> at a hamfest. The strange bit was designed to keep you from doing what
> you are planning to do. :)

I got them here at Home Center. It was a set of bits made in Australia,
where they and us are far away from US patents, legal restrictions etc.

If any of you remember the Motorola bag phones from the 1980's, they
were held together with a torx screw. The state of Illinois had recently
replaced all of the locks in their prison cells with the same screws thinking
that since no one knew what they were the prisoners could not obtain them.

Soon after that, cell locks started to mysterious fall apart, so the state
responded  in the quickest and best way it could, it made it illegal to
sell or posses one of these bits.

I got mine in Sears (in PA).

If I were you, I'd try Sears first.

Geoff.