[rescue] needed: u1 NVRAM chip

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Wed Sep 24 16:43:33 CDT 2008

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, Cody Swanson wrote:

> If you are running solaris 8 or newer you can virtualize the machine
> in a solaris 10 branded zone and set the hostid for the container to
> be the same as your current host.

    Solaris 8?  I wish!  This one is running Solaris 6.  I'm pushing
to go to Solaris 10 for *all* of the production machines, but the
level of inertial push-back to run on 8 is "impeding progress".

    I don't mind running "museum pieces" at home or in a museum, but
running them in a 24x7x365.25 environment with no support contracts
just gives me the willies.  And, not to mention, that $boss wants
3 or 4 "nines" out of it.

    I think I'll go cry now.