[rescue] Another Job Post

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Thu Sep 4 17:09:48 CDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 6:03 PM, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 05:55:28PM -0400, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> > I'm working at ArcSight, HQ out of California. We have scores of
> positions
> > for folks in Cupertino. Feel free to check out the site, look at
> positions
> > and bounce me a resume. I'm working on some schwag. :D
>
> You could send me one of these ArcSight Logger appliances, and you could
> tell your bosses that it replaced a Splunk install.. 8-)
>
> Bill (still working on a centralized logging architecture for $ORK)

LOL.

Splunk and Logger aren't really comparable products. Splunk really compares
to ESM and Logger to LogLogic. However, you can use Logger to do some
splunk-like lower-level analysis and produce pretty graphs.

I actually wrote poorly. I'm a road-warrior, but our HQ is in Cupertino and
there are lots of positions there. Ergh.