[rescue] Sun Postscript Mouse Pad

Chris Powell Chris.Powell at zarlink.com
Wed Sep 3 03:23:39 CDT 2008

der Mouse wrote:
>> (This is a mouse pad. It works!) show
>
> In my experience it does not.
>
> I printed this out and just now tried it with a Mouse Systems optical
> mouse, 370-1170-01, and it would not move horizontally at all and moved
> vertically only with great reluctance.

I could never get the printed 'mousepad' to work either. There are a number
of different optical mice - the original Sun 2/3 with the HUGE pad, then
a shrink version Sun 3x/4c, and then the type 5 second shrink. I think I
tried them all with the printed pad - though there may have been two versions
of the mousepad.ps file, with different dpi.

Perhaps the whole mousepad.ps was/is a joke?!