[rescue] Serverswitch 8200

Mike Loewen mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Fri Oct 31 22:23:17 CDT 2008

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008, james wrote:

>> Mike Loewen wrote:
>>>    If anyone runs across an unwanted Lightwave
>>> Serverswitch 8200 KVM,  please drop me a note.  Mine is
>> full.  :-)
>
> Are these the same as the BlackBox ServerSwtich? Blackbox
> never made a thing themselves, they "re-brand" stuff.

    I don't believe they're the same.  The 8200 is an 8-port Sun KVM
switch, with 13W3 and HD15 video connectors and a miniDIN8 keyboard
connector for each system.  Switching between systems is either by front
panel switches and LCD display, or by keyboard combination (ALT-GRAPH).
The 8200s can be cascaded by a 9-pin cable.

    I picked one up on Ebay a couple of years ago, but haven't seen any
lately.

Mike Loewen				mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Old Technology	http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/