[rescue] Monitor specs

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Oct 30 15:23:52 CDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 03:56:54PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Anyone know the vertical and horizontal refresh specs for the Sun 17"
> monitor marked on the back as NCE Model 447L?  I don't know what Sun
> actually calls this model, probably 17Esomethingorother.  All I know is
> it's made for Sun by (apparently) Nokia, and supports up to 1280x1024.

http://www.mirage-mmc.com/direct/US/itm00047.htm

17 Inch Panasonic Tube OEM by Nokia or SUN (447L)
.28 dpi
15.7 viewable size
HSCAN: 30-64Khz
VSCAN: 48-120Hz
Max Resolution: 1280 x 1024

The worst Sun-logoed monitor I ever saw was a 15"; I forget the maker but
the front of the monitor was nowhere near flat, it was markedly convex.  So
much that I called it the "fishbowl".

Bill

--
Bill Bradford