[rescue] I want a vacuum tube

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Oct 30 03:57:29 CDT 2008

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 18:18:23 -0500
Scott Newell <newell at cei.net> wrote:

> I'm not so sure...the old ones that I've seen had a DC spindle
> motor.  The tubes were used to adjust the DC voltage (and the field
> voltage) of the spindle motor.
http://metalworking.com/Dropbox/10ee_thyraton_00.txt says:
---
Here are some pictures of the 10ee thyratrons at work (C16J tubes) in the
Monarch 10EE DC spindle drive.

The machine is 1968 and has the Module Drive.
---

If you wane see some realy big tubes:
http://www.hcrs.at/BSBG600.HTM
Sorry, german only. But the pictures are still nice to look at. This is a 600
kW AM radio station. The 600 kW HF output is generated by a _single_ CQS 400
tube.

http://www.hcrs.at/ICONS/_BSBG25.JPG
The person in the foreground holds a CQS 200 tube, used as NF preamplifier.
CQS 400 tubes in the background.
--

tsch_,
       Jochen