[rescue] I want a vacuum tube

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Oct 29 13:54:05 CDT 2008

So sorry, my Buddhist friends, but I like things, and now I want a
vacuum tube. A pretty, shiny one about three inches tall that doesn't
have to work (since I'm going to build a small base for it and set it on
my desk next to my Red Sox bobble-head, talking Bob Mackenzie toy, and a
sandalwood-stuffed, quilted fabric turtle from Japan). Where can I get
one for small bills?

   I saw a Nixie tube and was enchanted, but the prices for them (when
put into something that'll make them light up) made me boggle.

  I searched the web, but the majority of sites are text-heavy lists of
model numbers -- and I have no idea what I'd like. thetubestore.com's
product pages made me all happy, though I couldn't choose. What are your
favorites for looking especially Chin-Strokingly, White-Coated
Scientific? :7)

   Thanks for any suggestions.

- Will
--