[rescue] Question on upgrading Solaris 10 3/05 to latest

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Oct 28 17:27:51 CDT 2008

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> You must not install much from source then.  I shudder to think how long
> compiling and configuring everything would take.

That's what backups are for.  Back up /usr/local somewhere safe, do a
clean-install, restore /usr/local afterwards.  Or, if you maintain
multiple Solaris systems, update it periodically (and as a finish_script
in JumpStart) from a master system via rsync.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is more to life than increasing its speed."
Elgin, TX         |                                   --Mahatma Gandhi