[rescue] LaserJet 4 glitch

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Sun Oct 26 13:05:06 CDT 2008

Steven M Jones wrote:
> In the case of the higher-end printers, often replacing the imaging drum
> and other components can still be cost effective when needed. Certainly
> true of the ColorJet 8550 that I picked up for $75 because it was
> producing smeared and spotty pages despite a very low pagecount.

I almost got a Color LaserJet 8550DN for $200 plus freight from Canada
about two years ago.  But the seller had apparently forgotten to put on
a reserve, and when mine was the only bid, started lying like a rug and
welched on the sale.  Ended up with their account cancelled by eBay.

Wasn't long after that I got the 4500.  But I really, really wanted the
8550's tabloid-size capability.  There's a lot I could do if I had a
tabloid-size color printer and tabloid-size color scanner.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.