[rescue] Voyager port identification

Chris Powell Chris.Powell at zarlink.com
Tue Oct 21 05:12:20 CDT 2008

wa2egp at att.net wrote:

> From what little I did with it, it looks like D sized NiCds in the pack.
> The seams on the battery case seemed to be very well sealed and I've been
> reluctant to try to break them.  Now, if I had another dead pack.......

The Voyager was a very early use of LiIon cells, so not easy to obtain for
replacement. There is a load of info on the Voyager here:

http://www.milestonesolutions.com/voyager/

I've got one, but it came minus the disc and cable. I only have the slot-in
PSU, no battery. Add to that a misbehaving LCD and it's more of a trinket
than a useful tool. It's a very nice bit of collectible Sun though!