[rescue] Voyager port identification

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Mon Oct 20 22:40:28 CDT 2008

From: der Mouse <mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG>

> > The only thing I want to do is put a bigger hard drive in it.
>
> I found some laptop-targeted IDE<->SCSI adapters that worked in the
> direction necessary here (IDE disk, SCSI host); with a modern thin IDE
> laptop drive, it all fits in the space available.
>
> Of course, if you aren't actually lugging it, you can use pretty much
> any bog-standard Sun-compatible external SCSI disk; IIRC it has the
> same external SCSI connector as the rest of the sun4c/sun4m line.
>
> > Well, that and rebuilt the battery pack. :)
>
> ...that too...

those adapters were discussed a few years ago and I didn't pick up on it (I believe it was concerning the Tadpole laptops).  The biggest SCSI laptop drive I've been able to get my hands on is 1.2 gig.  At least I can put on more than the basic OS.   I'll have to look for one of those adapter boards.  Another project. :)

Bob