[rescue] Voyager port identification

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Mon Oct 20 09:50:52 CDT 2008

>> There's a (runoured to be unobtanium) cable involved, that much I
>> know.  I have a complete set with one of my Voyagers.  The battery's
>> dead, though, and I don't think I can rebuild it.

My Voyager was lacking that cable, and I had no other way to charge
batteries.  But I did have a second power supply.  So I opened up one
PS and brought power out on wires to a more standard connector, one I
had some of, and created a breakout cable to inject the power to unused
pins on the serial-port DB25; I then wired those to the power
connections internally.

Works a treat.  But it turns out the battery I have is dead. :(

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org