[rescue] Need BeBox front & IO Card

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Thu May 29 21:13:36 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 09:34:23PM -0400, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
> >I can tell you that in 2008, that same BeBox is still missing that same
> >piece of plastic :-)
> >So Ethan, if you do find the BeBox graveyard, let me know. I have a _long_
> >shot on a "parts" BeBox (bad motherboard?) that could help us both out, but
> >the owner wants to diagnose and see if he can revive it himself.
>
> Ah. I wonder if it would be possible to have someone make more plastic
> parts? Mail the job off to China or something?

When I was asking about the process when work was looking into making
some plastic I was told it would cost tens of thousands of dollars
for tooling, but the parts themselves would be dirt cheap after that.

However, parts that could somehow be machined instead of molded would be
a lot cheaper.

There also is a possibility for 3D printing, but the samples we got as
prototypes are even more fragile than your average SGI plastics.