[rescue] FS: Eton E5/Grundig G5 Portable Shortwave Radio

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun May 25 22:53:47 CDT 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 06:41:23AM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> Do tell, what did you get?

First, a Yaesu FRG-100:
http://www.rigpix.com/yaesu/frg100.htm

Then, in an amazing deal, I got this ENTIRE SETUP for less than $100:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbill/2272110058/

Kenwood TS-430, AT-250 antenna tuner, and PS-430 power supply.  I'm one
accessory (the SP-430 external speaker) away from having the entire set.

It's got a couple of minor age-related issues, but I'm going to get the rig
tweaked, tuned, and fixed up for a flate rate of less than $200 once I pass
my General upgrade.

I was studying for it in the middle of February when Amy had to go into the
hospital and then my dog died; I've not touched it since then and need to
pick it back up.

So, the E5 has just been sitting in its case gathering dust on my desk for
almost four months.  I'd rather see it go to a good home than just sit
there.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford