[rescue] Mac Disk bootable

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sat May 24 11:06:08 CDT 2008

On May 24, 2008, at 2:55 AM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Sat, 24 May 2008, Joshua Boyd wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to run the bless command when booted from another
>> harddrive?  The name of the new disk is DA G4.  I'm trying this
>> command in Terminal.app while booted from another disk:
>
> Is the disk partitioned with an Apple_Partition_Map as opposed to a
> GUID
> partition table or MBR?

Since the drive was a pull from an iMac G5, I would have thought it
would have had a Apple_Partition_Map (unless they stopped using that
when they went to G5s).

I couldn't figure out how to check that, but I did figure out how to
use diskutil to force that.  The drive is now being copied over
again, then I will try running bless again (although it still seems
odd to me that CCC would state the copy will be bootable if I still
have to run bless manuall), followed by actually retrying to boot
from the drive.

Thanks.