[rescue] Useful stuff for small spaces

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue May 20 10:55:34 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 08:44:49AM -0600, Robert Darlington wrote:
> I deal with the more modern thinkpads, day in and day out.  T40, 42,
> 42p, 43, 43p, 60, 60z, etc.  They're solid machines, very much unlike
> the older systems.  The old systems were what I consider to be junk,
> and I remember at one point you were basically a sucker if you bought
> them over some of the toshibas or dells that were out at the time.
> The butterfly keyboard comes to mind here.  Surely they made some good
> ones though.

I have an A20p that was a hand-me-down from a former employee here in 2002,
used it as my desktop machine for two years, used it as my traveling laptop
for a few after that, and it's STILL going.  When they bought me its
replacement (HP NC6220, which is okay) I took the Thinkpad home with me.
8-)

As for the MacBook discoloration, I had that happen (spent a week in bed on
doctor's orders last year, my comforter was red.. hey, the macbook's
turning red!).  Called AppleCare, they sent a box, I had a MacBook with a
new top case back in three days.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford