[rescue] UNIX 2038 bug - looking for a list

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun May 18 22:06:41 CDT 2008

I'm writing an article for publication about the Y2038 bug (UNIX epoch
time_t rolling over to negative because it's 32-bits, etc), and one thing I
*cannot* find is a list of *current* operating systems and what versions
they have (if so) changed time_t to be 64-bit and therefore are not
affected by the bug.  I'm not talking about applications or filesystems
(ext2, etc); I'm talking about the internal system clock itself.

Does anyone know at what versions (or kernel versions) the following OSes
went to a "long" time_t?

- Solaris/SPARC (64-bit)
- Solaris/x86-64
- AIX/PowerPC (64-bit)
- NetBSD on 64-bit platforms
- OpenBSD on 64-bit platforms
- FreeBSD on 64-bit platforms
- Linux on 64-bit platforms
- Mac OS X on 64-bit PowerPC
- Mac OS X on 64-bit x86
- Other "major" UNIX/Linux derivatives I've missed?

Thoughts?  Any ideas?

Bill

--
Bill Bradford