[rescue] Dayton Hamfest

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Thu May 15 16:42:07 CDT 2008

I was more of the opinion that if they're going to test you on modes
of operation, then they should test on a representative sampling.  I
would like to see tests on psk31 test, AMTOR, J-Mode satellite uplink
(or whatever they call it now), voice, etc.

Either that or get rid of any requirement that tests you on mode proficiency.

The FCC shot down every argument that was made by the part of the ham
community that wanted to keep the code requirement (a vast minority,
believe it or not).  It's pretty good reading so check it out:
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-06-178A1.pdf

And on a more on topic subject (well, not really), I'm looking for a
plate transformer for a tube amp project.  If any of you make it out
to Dayton and find a transformer that needs rescuing that does 220 in
and roughly 3200 volts out @ about an amp, I'd gladly pay you for your
time, the cost of the transformer, and shipping charges to NM.  This
is for a general purpose HV supply that I want to use for testing
amplifier designs for hobby stuff.   I won one on eBay but the guy
died.