[rescue] Small servers (was Re: WTT: 1.5G of PC2700 for 1G of PC100)

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Tue May 13 16:57:39 CDT 2008

From: "Jonathan Katz" <jon at jonworld.com>

> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 5:40 PM, <wa2egp at att.net> wrote:
>
> > Gee, point me in the right direction.  After all the crap we've gone
> > through with my wife's MPV.  Would you believe the factory misprogrammed the
> > car computer and one cylinder was injecting fuel during the exhaust part of
> > the cycle.  Took out the catalytic converter and we had to buy a new
> > computer (luckily we got one from some one (who crashed their MPV and was
> > parting out the car) for peanuts compared to a new one.
>

> Usually the various forums have good info...
>
> No experience here, but it could help you out...
>
> http://mazdaforum.com/

That looks company sponsered.  They are not going to let anything out. :)  Too many MPVs from 2000-2006 have the same problems that it looks like a recall was in order but they are not going to do it.  Our mechanic got so frustrated that he asked if he could use the car as a guinea pig to find the problem and he did not charge anything for parts and labor for the last problem (leak in the evaporative emission control system).  After a few thousand, my Protege is working find. :)

Bob
"Bought a Mazda, got a Ford." - me