[rescue] Small servers (was Re: WTT: 1.5G of PC2700 for 1G of PC100)

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Tue May 13 16:40:31 CDT 2008

From: Ethan O'Toole <ethan at 757tech.net>

> > The big problem these days is that you often need so much specialized
> > knowledge to just "tinker with" many modern cars.  Depending on the brand,
> > you may need information only available to factory-trained technicians, and
> > expensive equipment available only to authorized service shops.
>
> LOL. If you only knew the car hacking going down :-)

Gee, point me in the right direction.  After all the crap we've gone through with my wife's MPV.  Would you believe the factory misprogrammed the car computer and one cylinder was injecting fuel during the exhaust part of the cycle.  Took out the catalytic converter and we had to buy a new computer (luckily we got one from some one (who crashed their MPV and was parting out the car) for peanuts compared to a new one.

Bob