[rescue] FW: WTT: 1.5G of PC2700 for 1G of PC100]

Michael C. Vergallen mvergall at telenet.be
Thu May 8 03:05:16 CDT 2008

Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On Thu, 08 May 2008 00:20:16 +0200
> "Michael C. Vergallen" <mvergall at telenet.be> wrote:
>

>> Your statement is a generalization, you seem to ignore that sometimes
>> one would switch os on old 64 bit Hardware
>>  who doesn4t have support in solaris 10 anymore to Netbsd or a other
>> os just because of the security risks involved.
>>
> I wrote my statement in the context of:
> "The machine is already running Solaris."
> And as we are talking about ZFS it must be a fairly recent version of Solaris.

Was not clear to me what you where implying ... in that context yes I
agree with you.
However personaly I dont  see  the point  to  it  on  anything besides
the latest 64 bit hardware ... also becuase it is still not supported by
other OS4s .
So  in a mixed  environement  it can  be  a hassle. Like when you need
to export
nfs mounts etc it causes hassle I dont need at the moment...