[rescue] FW: WTT: 1.5G of PC2700 for 1G of PC100

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed May 7 13:55:00 CDT 2008

On Tue, 06 May 2008 11:17:15 -0400
Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:

> > No ZFS in NetBSD yet. And I will not hold my breath waiting for it.
> Isn't the FreeBSD ZFS code approaching production-quality?
FreeBSD != NetBSD. IIRC the last year GSoC ZFS for NetBSD project got as far as a mostly working ZVol layer and will be continued this year.

> > On the other side: The soon to be branched 5.0 will have good, old,
> > rock solid FFS with shining new jornaling support...
> Just for metadata or for data too?
Metadata only. See:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2008/03/02/msg000504.html

If you need data-journaling LFS would be the better route.
--

tsch__,
       Jochen