[rescue] FW: WTT: 1.5G of PC2700 for 1G of PC100

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon May 5 16:30:39 CDT 2008

On May 5, 2008, at 3:46 PM, Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

<snip>

  Too bad that
> NetBSD doesn't run on the WRT54GLs.  If it did, I could move one to a
> rack case, and run long antenna leads to place one antenna on each
> floor (maybe that is a bad idea, I obviously don't know much about
> RF).

Bad idea IMHO.

The RF leakage would be excessive unless you secured high-quality, low-
loss wire for the runs...

Better to get two radios and if need be run the POE - power injectors
aren't that expensive. I have 7 Dbi antennas on my WRT55GS in the
basement and a stock access point upstairs to provide full-house
coverage.

Lionel