[rescue] FW: WTT: 1.5G of PC2700 for 1G of PC100

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Sun May 4 15:46:46 CDT 2008

Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 05:00:39PM +0100, Mark wrote:
>> On 2 May 2008, at 14:54, Joshua Boyd wrote:
>>> Also, keep in mind that MrBill needs 10.2 support.  How many people have
>>> actually made sure that a flashed Geforce 5200 or 6200 will work with
>>> 10.2?
>> It might see dismissive but I'd probably advise people on 10.2 to upgrade,
>> frankly.
>
> Yes, I do, frequently (I even had one guy still running 10.1 a couple of
> weeks ago), but my ultimate goal is to have this machine multi-booting:
>
> OS9.2.2 (mostly for firmware updates, etc)
> OSX 10.1.x
> OSX 10.2.x
> OSX 10.3.x
> OSX 10.4.x
>
> Right now my biggest hurdle is finding a 36G SCSI disk; all of my spares
> are 18s.
>
> FRANKENMAC WILL LIVE!

LOL.  I had a Mac IIc(something) FrankenMac back when I was working the
internal help desk at $network_juggernaut.  I used the SCSI cable from a
Solbourne to hang 3-4 500MB cast off server disks in it.  The lid of the
   Mac was left off and the disks were stacked up one on top and two
laying on the desk.

It was a lot faster for some things than the B&W NCD Xterms and had the
advantage of being color.

=Nadine=