[rescue] Gigabit Ethernet SBus & Gigabit Ethernet Sun 420R/220R

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat May 3 00:10:40 CDT 2008

On May 2, 2008, at 22:38 , Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> The documentation on all of this is scattered pretty badly.  For
>> example, it took me a long time to figure out for some hardware
>> that I need to make changes in /kernel/drv.
>
> Some tips here:
>
> http://prefetch.net/blog/index.php/category/solaris-networking/
>
> read the dladm man page also.

Nice info.

No joy.

The bcme driver doesn't give any information on frames and the data
that the Fujitsu in those examples does.

dladm options like --statistics don't work either.

Maybe this is just a really crappy driver, and hopefully Sun will
write a better one than what Broadcom supplies.

kstat is a cool program BTW.  Lot's of interesting information on the
other drivers on the system too.

It will be nice when Solaris x86 starts getting better system
information.  Right now very few systems support things like
temperature, CPU debugging/counter information, etc.

In the last 2 years, the support level for x86 has really increased
though, and it seems to be getting more popular.