[rescue] FW: WTT: 1.5G of PC2700 for 1G of PC100

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Fri May 2 05:34:38 CDT 2008

> The Radeon Mac Edition was followed by the Radeon 7000 and then the
> Radeon 9200, which is still currently available (at OWC, <http://eshop.macsales.com/
> >, for example).

I managed to bag a Radeon 9200 for mine. VERY nice card. Being PCI
it's a tad bottlenecked but it makes 10.4 more than usable on a G4-
powered B&W.

> Those are the retail cards. I don't know the situation on the
> flashed PC card market, however.

You can flash some PCI GeForce cards. I forget which and apparently
they don't work with Core Video even if you do (which is the only
advantage over using a Radeon 9200). The Radeons are a better bet
really.

> My B&W G3 is a rev. 1 with 4-port FirmTek SATA card driving 80 (OS)
> and 250 (data) GB WD drives, 1.1 GHz PPC750FX, 1 GB RAM and a Radeon
> 9200. Makes a great server running Tiger (10.4). Only thing I need
> to add to it now, is a gigabit Ethernet card.

Mine is a Rev 2 with a G4/500, 768MB RAM, Radeon 9200 and 2 40GB hard
drives. Works like a charm. It's a pity it rarely gets used these days.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>