[rescue] FW: WTT: 1.5G of PC2700 for 1G of PC100

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Thu May 1 17:04:19 CDT 2008

> What happened was that someone (who was new - but it WASNT me) had gone
> into the other side of the DC and not shut the door properly, and it was
> buzzing at her.  Someone else was waving at her to shut the door to make
> the noise stop - so she figured that the big red button next to the door
> was the "alarm stop" switch, right?
>
> The following week EVERYONE in the building had to go through a short
> course of "This is the PROTECTED[0] Big Red Switch.  This is what it
> does, this is when you should and should not touch it, and if you touch
> it without authorization you will be escorted out of the building and
> your employment terminated." [1]
>
> Bill

That happened a number of years ago in my old school building.  We had a "computer" room with 30 desktops and a server.  I was at the door talking to a student who went to lean on the wall but nailed the button instead.  The outcry was amazing since it was the end of the year were all the term papers were due.  Took this poor kid a few minutes to realize what he did.  Obviously, never did it again. :)

Bob