[rescue] FW: WTT: 1.5G of PC2700 for 1G of PC100

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu May 1 14:20:28 CDT 2008

" From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>
"
" >    Oh, I said it was only a feeling, not anything factual. And I agree
" > with you: OS X does perform better the more memory you give it --
" > especially with a slow ol' ATA drive. But it does strike me that the
" > kind of work I ever did on one of those computers (file server,
" > NFS-to-AppleShare gateway, FileWave server, etc.) was pretty
" > workmanlike, just like a pick-'em-up truck you haul with more than you
" > race.
" >
" >    Though I hear there's a NASCAR circuit just for trucks....

has been for several years now, though the 'trucks' are just pastiche
bodies pasted over more-or-less regular nascar chassis.  they aren't
even close to fullsize.  nor are the races biathlon format - race a
few laps, stop and shoot at roadside targets...

" I see quite a few trucks around where I live that give every appearence
" of being built for drag racing.

there are folks that will dragrace anything with a motor.  there's an
active bunch racing cummins diesels, the b5.9 that normally makes
300hp.  they're up to 1500hp and 3000 ft-lbs and are having difficulty
finding transmissions that will stand up, even 1/4mi at a time.

serious mud boggers will place the engine in the middle; weight
distribution counts...