[rescue] Q: Cheap gigabit Ethernet adapters for PCI SPARC boxes

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 30 09:44:43 CDT 2008

Hello all,

Looking for a confirmation before I pull the trigger - my research has turned
up that the RealTek RTL8169 Gigabit Ethernet cards work with Solaris 10 (but
NOT OpenBoot PROM, so no boot on net)[0], and there is a retailer selling
refurbs for $11.95 (with $1.95 S/H per networking order)[1] - anyone used
these cards in their PCI UltraSPARC boxes (U5/10 and 30/60)?

Lionel

[0] http://unix.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/comp.sys.sun.hardware/2006-
08/msg00330.html

[1] http://justdeals.stores.yahoo.net/ga311nar.html (I've bought from them
before, never a problem, so a trusted vendor)