[rescue] Door Desks - was: Question of how to "smooth" power from Laser printer

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Fri Mar 28 15:00:15 CDT 2008

When we were a poor start-up company, everyone's desk was a solid door from
Home Depot with a set of legs that came in a kit.

The 7 doors, plus the leg kits, plus some polyurethane for finish was
cheaper and better than any two desks of "office furniture" you could buy at
an office supply store.

They were solid as rocks- I had an Ultra 2 and GDM-20E20, an Octane and the
equivalent SGI monitor, my laptop, and other crap on my desk with no
problems.

When we moved offices and went into space that was already built up with
cubes, etc. we had a fight over who got to take the "table desks" home. I
pulled rank and took two (helps when you are in charge of the move and the
movers <grin>) and use one in my basement and one in the garage for
motorcycle/scooter/car repair. They're both still straight as an arrow, and
when the finish gets hacked up, a bit of time with the sander and another
couple coats of poly, and they're good as new.

My 2 cents,

Steve