[rescue] Question of how to "smooth" power from Laser printer

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Fri Mar 28 06:45:24 CDT 2008

*clatter* *clank* *ratchet* *DING!* Message from: Peter Corlett. Shall I
*bzzt**crackle* dispatch the *pop!* robotic Richard Simmons sir?
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 07:21:40PM -0500, Erie Patsellis wrote:
> [...]
>> I'm gonna tell, this IS the rescue list you know, a wimpy little laser
>> that doesn't dim the lights would be, well, un-manly...somebody has to
>> love those old big monsters.
>
> I must admit, one downside of switching to energy-saving lightbulbs, I
> don't
> get the pleasing dimming of the lights when my hog of a printer wheezes
> into
> life.

I could send you my Color LaserJet 5 if you want?  That should flicker
your ballasts quite nicely. You pay shipping of course. ;-)

> One place I lived in with particularly dodgy wiring, the current draw
> would
> cause the mains to sag by about five volts.

My mother's house (now my sister's) used to have that problem until I ran
a completely separate circuit from the breaker box.

Mike Hebel
----
See with eyes unclouded, think with mind uncluttered, act with heart
unchained!