[rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

linc linc at thelinuxlink.net
Thu Mar 27 17:40:46 CDT 2008

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Timothy Baldridge wrote:
>> But let's not forget that not everyone back in that day was Catholic.
>> There are some (like myself) that consider the Roman Catholic church
>> to be a despicable cult, and yet hold on dearly to the teachings of
>> Christ and the Bible. I agree the actions of the RC church are
>> unacceptable, and as a protestant, their actions during the Huguenot
>> wars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Bartholomew%27s_Day_massacre)
>> are totally offensive, and mark the church as being one of the biggest
>> cults ever in existence. But, let's not lump them in with the
>> Christians. Their actions violated scripture and hence invalidated
>> their claim to being called "Followers of Christ"
>

> Gotta love that stuff, yeah.  "Thou shalt not kill.  (Unless you claim
> to be doing it in my name.  'Cos that makes it all OK, right?)"

Certainly horrible atrocities have been committed in the name of every
established religion and deity. That, however, does not mean they
actually *were* Christian.  Outside of that, I hear many people quote
that particular piece of scripture the same way you do, however, after
some study, you'll find the real translation of the day to be "Thou
shalt not Murder.", which, of course, was an entirely different thing in
the day.  That meant murdering an "innocent".  God himself, of course,
sent his people into war many times...

--
-Linc Fessenden