[rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 17:18:38 CDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net> wrote:
> Timothy Baldridge wrote:
>  > But let's not forget that not everyone back in that day was Catholic.
>  > There are some (like myself) that consider the Roman Catholic church
>  > to be a despicable cult, and yet hold on dearly to the teachings of
>  > Christ and the Bible. I agree the actions of the RC church are
>  > unacceptable, and as a protestant, their actions during the Huguenot
>  > wars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Bartholomew%27s_Day_massacre)
>  > are totally offensive, and mark the church as being one of the biggest
>  > cults ever in existence. But, let's not lump them in with the
>  > Christians. Their actions violated scripture and hence invalidated
>  > their claim to being called "Followers of Christ"
>

>  Gotta love that stuff, yeah.  "Thou shalt not kill.  (Unless you claim
>  to be doing it in my name.  'Cos that makes it all OK, right?)"

As I understand it, the original interpretation (as they apparently
still read it in Judaism) is "You shall not murder". There is a
difference between killing and murder; *most* people would call
soldiers killers, but not murderers (this is particularly open to
interpretation if you hit Berkeley on a Saturday afternoon). A lot of
the Old Testament are about the various wars by the Jews against those
people God has commanded them to fight (Canaanites, for example).

John
--
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn