[rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 12:52:37 CDT 2008

Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>> There have been Muslims in the world for a very long time.  How is it
>> that only recently we have this problem?  We didn't have Muslims tearing
>> through towns and setting them alight "for Allah" 100 years ago or
>> bombing stagecoaches or the like.  Rather than enslave the world in
>> surveillance and fear, perhaps we should try to solve the root of that
>> problem?
>
> Last time they gave the West problems, they were booted out of what is
> now southern Spain and several wars were fought, called Crusades.
>
> The root answer is forceful subjugation of Muslim countries and
> deportation / the most severe restrictions on immigration unless they
> swear off such violence, explicitly.

Don't get me started on the Crusades.  The Crusades were a Christian
Jihad.  What your suggesting would evaporate any moral high-ground for
the Western countries.  There would be no difference between the Western
countries and Iran.  You can't attack from a moral high-ground by
standing in the gutter.

Terrorism is as valid a tool of political change as war is.  Extremism
is the problem on both sides of this issue.  One can't fight extremism
by becoming extremist.

> But that is politically incorrect.  Instead we have to pretend that a
> retired veteran with a Medal of Honor pin is just as dangerous with said
> pointy object in his carry-on as a group of young Arab males talking to
> themselves and practicing stabbing motions with their hands.

If this were the case, the first thing that would happen is that a
(white-looking) terrorist would board an airplane wearing an American
military uniform.  These people are crazy, not dumb.

Peace...  Sridhar