[rescue] Airport Security and Rescues...

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 02:15:17 CDT 2008

Fsck the tsa. I brought a origin 200 back from vancouver a while ago.
I go to get it at baggage claim, and the box has that TSA-checked tape
all over it. Turns out when they checked it before it went on board,
they removed all the packing materials and didn't bother to replace
them. As you can guess, big server w/ no padding + baggage throwers
(handlers)... well, it was packed in perfect shape with the original
SGI blue plastic chassis skins, but ever since the airport, it's just
a metal box with some broken off blue plastic tabs that decided to
stick in the chassis after the panels they supported cracked off.

Called the complaint line every day for a week- mailbox full each time.

The moral here: ALWAYS FedEx your stuff,  and F the TSA. They also
scratched a brand new Macbook during examination, and dropped a mac
plus I brought in my carry-on.

- F