[rescue] Wanted: Xeon 7xxx Heatsink

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Mar 27 01:06:46 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:02:14PM -0700, r.stricklin wrote:
> They were "removed" in the sense that I opened the box, took out the
> processors and used them with another, entirely different set of heat
> sinks.
>
> These have never been pulled from the plastic blister packs (although
> one might have my fingerprint on it).

That I understand. I always thought the older P4 heat sink/fan assemblies
stunk and could never get them off the CPU without sticking a screwdriver
in places I did not want to stick one and prying.

Then I found a web page on the Intel site which described exactly how
to remove them properly. Stick a screwdriver...........

Geoff.