[rescue] Wanted: Xeon 7xxx Heatsink

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Mar 26 15:02:06 CDT 2008

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> For temporary testing purposes, wouldn't any old hunk of metal do, as long as
> you use thermal grease?

I suppose.  The biggest problem is the tight confines of this case.  The
CPU and heat sink slot into the socket like a tower.  There's a metal
cage-type-thing around the socket and the space where the heatsink goes.
I'll snap a picture of it when I get home, if I remember.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is no such thing as a short of reserves...
Elgin, TX         |  one bank can have a problem...the Fed can print