[rescue] Wanted: Xeon 7xxx Heatsink

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Mar 26 14:59:31 CDT 2008

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Brian Roth wrote:

> You can get them at Newegg for about $20.

Newegg does not carry any socket 604 heatsinks that will work in this
system.  The stock heatsink is extremely tall, narrow, and passive
(there are a set of huge blowers in front of the CPU cage).

> Better than the stock junk and cheaper to boot. First thing I do for
> an overclocked gaming rig is to replace the heatsink and more
> importantly replace the lousy grease the factory uses.

I'll keep that in mind in case I ever need a four-socket server to play
video games.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is no such thing as a short of reserves...
Elgin, TX         |  one bank can have a problem...the Fed can print