[rescue] AlphaServer ES40 in Chicago- Anyone interested?

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 14:00:06 CDT 2008

If you want my old AlphaServer 1200, the moron I gave it to didn't
like its quirkiness and decided he'd be better off learning on a PC,
so I'm gonna give him my old PIII box, and you can have the 1200.

Dunno how you'd get it tho.

The old proliants are fun, albeit not obscure. That vax sounds worthwhile tho.

While I'm at it:

Worthwhile rescues I have to keep safe before moving:

SGI Origin 200
SGI Onyx (Deskside, RE2)
SGI Onyx (Deskside, IR, 8 video)
SGI Onyx (Rack [terminator] with Sirius, RE2, Stone+Wire, Discreet Flame!)
SGI Octane
SGI Indy
SGI O2
Mac 128k
Mac Plus
NeXTcube (needs restorative work first)

Shit that has to go:
HP 735 - 125
HP 712 - 60
DEC / CPQ ES40
HP 68k box
Sparc IPX
Sparc LX
SunFire V20z
Google Search Appliance

So the questions are:
A) Are my choices for the cooler / rarer stuff to keep correct?
B) Will the remaining collection be any good despite its lack of diversity?
C) Anyone want the old shit? Should I part stuff out? Shoot at it for fun?

And in advance, no, I don't have HIL keyboards or mice, nor sun. My
mom threw out a box of 10 and 5 each, respectively, and left the box
of PS/2 keyboards.

Any advice with pruning the collection would be appreciated.

Also I'm going to U Washington, and probably driving up there, so if
anyone in the area wants something that could fit in the car, and can
wait till August, I can move it.

-F