[rescue] AlphaServer ES40 in Chicago- Anyone interested?

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 08:58:20 CDT 2008

So I'm going off to college pretty soon quite far from here. I made a
deal with my parents so they'd store my favorite vintage gear
(Basically 3 SGI onyxes), but some of my toys must go. I got rid of my
AlphaServer 1200 to a friend who is trying to learn Linux, and I feel
that was a waste, so I'm trying to find a better home for my ES40. It
has 5 SCA drive trays (they look like the normal compaq sleds but
they're full height 3.5" and a bitch to find), and 5 SCA drives, but I
might keep the larger ones. It has 4x 500mhz CPUs, which pisses me off
because I paid for a box with 800s, and 16gb RAM. It's heavy for a
machine its size- a bit smaller than a deskside onyx but it weighs
more.

Anyone interested?

- F

--