[rescue] a 'data' rescue

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Mar 24 14:05:24 CDT 2008

Brian Deloria wrote:
> What's it take to qualify for a "home data center"  ?
>
> One rack?  Two racks?
>
> Two phase power?
>
> At least 30A of power draw?
>
> Three or more arch'es?
>
> Outbound internet bandwidth I don't see as being a qualifier.

There's probably not a hard line.  Just like the difference between a
business "computer room" and "data center"  The room I'm in now has five
racks, two phase power and is drawing over 50A, but I don't think anyone
would call it a datacenter, it's a computer room.  Biggest distinction
in this case would be that the room is also used for storage and office
space.

    -Dan