[rescue] a 'data' rescue

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Mar 24 12:27:27 CDT 2008

Peter Corlett wrote:
> On 24 Mar 2008, at 17:12, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> [...]
>> This is exactly the problem.  It's for domestic use.
>
> I actually doubt that you have 10TB of data that needs to be backed
> up. You need to apply discrimination to decide which subset is
> important to you and worth the expense of backing-up.

While i would agree with that assessment for the general public, I don't
think you can make the assumption that it applies to all members of this
list.  You're talking about someone who not only upgraded his house's
electrical system, but also it's foundation to accommodate his home data
center*.

    -Dan Sikorski

* There are few people who i would say have a home data center