[rescue] wtb cheap powerbook

Erie Patsellis erie at shelbyvilledesign.com
Mon Mar 24 11:48:35 CDT 2008

Ian,
I got a Phase One StudioKit, I found that the biggest issue I had with
product work was moire and crappy dynamic range and tonality. (at least
compared to when I shot E6 LF film). I found one semi locally (2 hrs
away) and bought it with the proviso that if it doesn't fit my needs I
could return it. it's only a 9mp back, but when 99% of my shots are less
than a 1/4 page, even that's overkill. here's the first image I took
with it, not only not used to the back, but a LF macro shot as well (the
logo in this shot is at most 1 1/4" tall)
www.eriepatsellis.com/test1.tif (the file is 25mb..) The reason I want
to go the OS9 route is that 16 bit capture is only available on the Mac.

I keep looking at the D3, with a bookshelf full of Nikon manual focus
glass, it's about the only choice for a new camera, but after having
bought a Sinar 4x5/8x10 P system, a scan back and I'm sure if I asked my
wife she'd run off the list of stuff I mostly forgot about, the D3 is an
awful lot of money for a camera that will get little use. For the time
being my Fuji S2 will have to do.

erie