[rescue] 9-Track Tapes and Sun Bits

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Mar 23 21:52:43 CDT 2008

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, James Fogg wrote:

>> Does anyone have any use at all for nine-track tapes?  I have a few
>> hundred available for the cost of shipping (media mail).
>
> Are they blank? Often the most value in 9 tracks is what's on them. But
> yes, some people need 9 track tapes.

I wish they weren't blank.  They were deguassed before I got them.  They
guy who was there said the magnet was strong enough to lift them up 5 or
6 at a time.

If they weren't blank, I'd have a mint in DEC PDP-11 software, but
everyone I tried to read had no data on it.

I've also stumbled across a box of 8" floppies (where by "box", I mean
probably 100 or 200 in a large box).  They were erased in a similar
fashion, so they'd need to be reformatted before use in an RX01, RX02,
or similar device.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is no such thing as a short of reserves...
Elgin, TX         |  one bank can have a problem...the Fed can print