[rescue] AS/400 in NJ

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 21 11:49:24 CDT 2008

>From: Mark KAHRS <kahrs at caip.rutgers.edu>
>Date: 2008/03/21 Fri AM 11:15:00 CDT
>To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>Subject: [rescue] AS/400 in NJ

>on epay, there's a AS/400e in Kearny for almost free, but you "pick it
>up".
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-AS-400e-Server-9406-640-Loaded-Nice_W0QQitemZ350038616686QQihZ022QQcategoryZ1479QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>
>Look nice enough...

Interesting, but my better-half would *liteally* kill me. I mean, she'd go out, get in the car and run me over repeatedly - then call 1-800-got-junk and regain use of the garage, basement, and our home office.

Something like this would push her over the tipping point, and I fear she would have the law on her side. ;^)

BTW - TCF is coming up[0], anybody plan on coming up for it? I'll have a bunch of Sun UltraSPARCs and likely my collection of SGI boxes that need to be gotten rid of (that would be all of them, sad to say). I got rid of a bunch of Sun monitors (17" & 19" models) at the recent recycle day here, I couldn't bring myself to send a bunch of Ultra 2 bases off to their fate... Yet.

Lionel

[0] April 25th & 26th - see: http://tcf-nj.org/web/