[rescue] FTGH: SGI 14" monitor (yes, really) - Yorks UK

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 19 09:10:12 CDT 2008

>From: Shirker <shirker at mooli.org.uk>
>Date: 2008/03/18 Tue PM 06:16:03 CDT
>To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>Subject: [rescue] FTGH: SGI 14" monitor (yes, really) - Yorks UK

>Hi rescuers,
>
>I have an SGI 14" monitor here which needs a new home. Yes, it really is a
>13W3 monitor this small. Type number is Wyse WY-851, and it has the "old
>style" SGI logo plus the "Silicon Graphics" wording on the front.

I got a 15" Sun video monitor with 13W3 connector from Mike N. on the list a few years ago - it was my "workbench" monitor for when I tried to ressurect older Sun hardware, but it has been replaced by a larger monitor with both 13W3 and HD-15/VGA connections, so that one tube handles both Sun and PC efforts...

I like the smaller CRTs, they would make a good server rack monitor, easily fitting inside a 19" wide rack on a shelf.

Lionel